Twelve Interstate 29 bridges between I-435 and I-635 will be repaired this summer. The work will require lane reductions, narrow lanes and ramp closures. MoDOT recommends drivers use alternate routes such as I-435 and US 169 when possible. The following impacts begin Monday, April 20:
- I-29 reduced to two lanes between MM 12 and MM 5
- I-29 reduced to one lane at MM 13 in each direction for 80 days
- The ramp from Route 152 East to I-29 South will be closed all summer.
- Lanes will narrow upon approach to each bridge location.
- Temporary lane closures will occur near exits/entrances during off peak hours.
If you must use I-29 this summer, build more time into your travel plan and expect to travel at less than normal speeds.
Please share this information with others in your organization.
Please monitor the roadside message boards for up-to-date information or use the MoDOT Traveler Information Map at www.modot.org. A free smartphone app version is available in your app store. Search for “MoDOT.”